Exquisite, creamy and spicy pasta with shrimp and cheese very well seasoned with chilies, pepper and garlic. Ideal for those who love shrimp, noodles, macaroni or any delicious pasta. Learn how to prepare this simple recipe.
- 1 kilogram of large shrimp
- 500 grams of pasta
- 3 guajillo chiles
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or pressed
- 700 grams of Muenster cheese
- 150 grams of Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 6-ounce can of tomato paste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups cream
- Place the chiles on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Place them under the broiler for about 10 minutes, turning a couple of times in between, until charred on all sides. Immediately transfer the charred chiles to a plastic bag and seal tightly to sweat for at least 5 minutes. Remove the chiles from the bag, let them cool slightly, then peel off the skins and remove stems and seeds. Coarsely chop and set aside.
- Heat a skillet or saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil and heat until oil sizzles. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 4 minutes until the onion is translucent and starting to brown around the edges.
- While the onion and garlic are cooking, add the tomatoes to the blender. Blend until the tomatoes are crushed but still somewhat chunky. Set aside until ready to use.
- Add the chopped chiles to the skillet along with the onion, stir and season with salt to taste. Cook for about 3 minutes. Add the tomato paste, mix with the vegetables, cook for 2 minutes. Pour in the crushed tomatoes from the blender and stir, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan to scrape up any browned bits. Season with salt and crushed dried chilies. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 30 minutes until sauce is thickened and flavorful. Turn off the heat when done.
- Place a rack in the top third of the oven and preheat to 180°C. Add the pasta to a pan of boiling water and cook according to the packet instructions until al dente. Drain in a colander and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and remaining 2 tablespoons oil. When melted, sizzling and hot, add shrimp in batches of 6 and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sauté for 2 minutes until the shrimp are just cooked through, then transfer to a bowl or plate and repeat with the remaining shrimp. Chop up half of the shrimp, leaving half whole to coat the pasta.
- Add the pasta to the sauce along with the chopped shrimp and cream, then toss. Top with remaining whole shrimp and shredded cheeses. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until top is golden brown and bubbly. Sprinkle the top with scallions.
We hope you liked this tasty pasta recipe with shrimp and cheese, you can use any type of pasta to prepare it although we recommend macaroni, noodles or noodles.