Today we will prepare an exquisite pasta with shrimp in red sauce, ideal for those who love to cook with style.
Don’t miss how to make this delicious linguini pasta with shrimp in tomato sauce, peppers and olive oil that is finger-licking good!
- 600 grams of medium shrimp
- ¾ cup water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, cored, cored, seeded, and diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cored, cored, seeded, and diced
- 3 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 350 grams Linguini pasta
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
You may also be interested in: Shrimp Risotto.
- Peel, devein the shrimp and set aside in a bowl. Then boil salted water in a large pot.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and add the red and green peppers and garlic. Cook without browning. Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper and oregano, then bring to a simmer and cook, stirring slowly, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add linguini pasta to boiling water and cook for about 9 minutes or until cooked through. Drain quickly and reserve about ½ cup of the cooking liquid.
- While linguine is cooking, heat remaining oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Stir in tomato sauce.
- Add linguine, reserved cooking liquid and basil to mixture. Heat through, mix well and serve immediately.
- You can marinate the cleaned shrimp in 4 tablespoons olive oil, a large sliced garlic clove, 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes to taste and chopped cilantro for at least 3 hours or a full day.