One of the most practical and easy to prepare recipes is pasta with shrimp and vegetables, the selection of good noodles, seasonings and spices along with a good white wine makes this dish one of the most versatile and ideal for lovers of fish and seafood.
- 1 pound or 450 grams of fresh or frozen raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and without tails
- 250 grams fine pasta noodles, whole wheat linguine or similar
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 150 grams Parmesan cheese
- 700 grams or 24 ounces mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup dry white wine or low-sodium chicken broth substitute
- 2 lemons
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Another dish you’ll love is spaghetti with garlic shrimp.
- In a large pot of salted water to taste, cook pasta until al dente, according to package directions. Reserve ¼ cup of the pasta water, drain the remaining water, and then toss with a little olive oil to prevent sticking. Then set aside.
- Meanwhile, rinse the shrimp and pat dry with a colander. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the finely chopped garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add the shrimp and then sprinkle with half the amount of red pepper (¼ or ½ teaspoon depending on your desired spice level), ½ teaspoon black pepper and ½ teaspoon salt. Sauté, stirring to coat with garlic, cook until both sides of the shrimp are pink and opaque, about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables and the remaining ¼ or ½ teaspoon red pepper, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Cook until the vegetables are hot and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes. Add the white wine and return the shrimp to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes, allowing wine to reduce. Add grated lemon zest and juice, then remove from heat.
- Add pasta to skillet and toss to coat. If pasta is too dry, add a little of the reserved pasta water. Serve hot, topped with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy this tasty pasta with shrimp and vegetables.