The green shrimp pozole is one of those Mexican dishes ideal to enjoy on cold days adding a good squeeze of lime on top to give it that perfect touch that enhances the flavor of the other ingredients.
Serrano chili, fresh shrimp, vegetables and spices are combined in the preparation of this delicious dish
that we will teach you how to make in an easy way.
- 600 grams of shrimp, deveined and tails removed
- 2 serrano chiles cut in thin slices
- 500 grams of ripe green tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of Tabasco green pepper sauce
- 1 can of 330 grams of corn for pozole
- 3 small radishes, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 shallots, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, sauté the onions, shallots, garlic and 1 thinly sliced serrano chile until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the green tomatoes to a blender and puree to a smooth consistency.
- Add half of the tomato puree to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally until thickened, about 5 minutes, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1 cup cilantro to the remaining tomato puree in the blender, blend until smooth, then set aside in a bowl.
- Add the corn, Tabasco green bell pepper sauce and chicken broth to the pot, reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Add the shrimp and simmer for 3 minutes, remove from heat and then add the reserved green tomato puree and raw cilantro, season with salt and pepper.
- Finally add radishes and the remaining chile to your shrimp pozole verde, add lime juice.
- Use medium shrimp to prepare this dish, they are ideal if you want a more filling meal.
- You can accompany your green shrimp pozole with rice, tostadas and beans. You can also add cooked pieces of beef and chicken as they go very well with the dish.