Come and discover how to make Sinaloa style shrimp pozole, a dish full of flavor prepared with delicious and typical ingredients of Mexican cuisine.
Follow our steps to prepare this delicious shrimp pozole and surprise your family and friends by adding this dish to your table.
- ½ kilogram of large fresh shrimp, cleaned and cleaned
- 1 kg pozolero corn, pre-cooked and cleaned
- 4 tablespoons dried shrimp, ground
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 5 guajillo peppers
- 6 ancho chiles
- ½ white onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and rinse the corn with plenty of water, drain and set aside.
- Remove the seeds from the chiles and cook them for five minutes, then blend them with the garlic and onion.
- Pour the mixture into a pressure cooker with 1 liter of water, add the oregano, corn, oregano, dried shrimp and cook for 30 minutes, until the grains burst.
- Let the mixture cool and carefully uncover the pot, add the fresh shrimp (add 1 more cup of water if necessary) and cook for another 5 minutes with the pot uncovered, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once your Sinaloa style shrimp pozole is ready, serve radishes, lettuce, add cream and a squeeze of lime.
In addition to this recipe you can find different ways to prepare it, there are other states in Mexico in which each one adds its own special touch to pozole de camarón.
- The shrimp for this preparation must be clean and deveined, however some people reserve the heads and shells to add along with the dried shrimp and chiles.