A very delicious and nutritious dish is rice with curried shrimp and spinach, it is full of flavor, incredible texture and is very simple to prepare.
- 500 grams of peeled and deveined shrimp
- 500 grams of white rice
- 1 can of 400 grams of diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 ½ cups cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, separated
- 4 garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add enough water to a saucepan and cook the rice over medium-high heat until tender, then set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a medium skillet over medium-high heat, then add the onion and sauté for 2 minutes until tender.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add the spinach, shrimp and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook the prawns until they turn pink.
- Pour in the fish sauce, add the ground ginger and curry powder and whisk. Then add the tomatoes and lower the heat to medium-low and sauté slowly.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the sauce is thick and the flavors have blended.
- Mix the rice with the olive oil and once the curry sauce has thickened, turn it off and serve your curry shrimp rice garnished with cilantro.
- Once cooked, you should refrigerate the shrimp within 2 hours. We also recommend storing the leftover curry separately from the rice and reheating them differently. If stored correctly, both the rice and the curry will keep for 3 days.