Since we tasted the shrimp seasoned with garlic and chilies, we were delighted. One of the dishes we loved the most was the rice with garlic shrimp, a meal with a spectacular flavor of which we share the recipe so you can easily prepare it at home.
- 500 grams of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 500 grams of rice
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 7 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 guajillo chilies, finely chopped
- Juice of 5 lemons
- ¼ cup white wine
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
Don’t you miss our garlic shrimp recipes.
- Cook the rice according to package directions and set aside covered when done.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat, add the shrimp and sprinkle with plenty of salt and pepper. Then cook for about 1 minute, without stirring.
- Add the garlic and chopped chilli and cook for 30 seconds, stirring regularly. Pour in the white wine and lemon juice and cook for 2 minutes, stirring, until the prawns are pink and cooked.
- Add the prawns to the rice and stir until well incorporated, add the fresh parsley and more pepper to taste.
- This garlic shrimp and rice recipe can also be seasoned with ground cumin and if you wish you can substitute the chili for onion, although we prefer to use it in the dish because it gives it a special spicy touch.