Rice with shrimp and chorizo is one of our favorite recipes, and we are fans of the exquisite paella, but like most people, we do not always have time to prepare it the traditional way.
We came up with this recipe to make paella in a quick and easy way, we want to share it with you and that is why we invite you to join us to prepare it.
- 500 grams of clean raw shrimp
- 2 cups of parboiled white rice
- 380 grams of chorizo sausage cut in slices
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon of saffron threads
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 can (400 grams) chopped tomatoes
- 1 handful of chopped fresh parsley
You may be interested in: Chinese Rice with Shrimp.
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan, add the saffron and let it mix very well.
- Heat the oil in a shallow pan over medium-high heat and fry the chorizo until it begins to brown and release oil. Add the onion and continue frying until the onion has softened. Add the garlic and fry 1 minute more.
- Add the shrimp and sauté until pink (about 2-3 minutes), then remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Add the white wine and let it evaporate almost completely before adding the rice. Mix the rice with the other ingredients and add the stock, paprika, tomatoes and parsley. Bring to a boil before reducing the heat. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat, add the shrimp mixture to heat with the cooked rice and serve your rice with shrimp and chorizo.
- You can add small clams, squid rings or scallops to this dish – they all cook quickly and bring different levels of flavor to the palate!
- This recipe calls for parboiled rice. All brands are different and may require different cooking times or proportions of liquid to rice, adjust according to package directions.