A family meal, warm, appetizing and delicious, that’s the rice with shrimp and clams that we bring you today.
A dish full of seafood and vegetables that does not go unnoticed to the palate, stay and prepare this delicious meal together!
- 300 grams of peeled and deveined shrimps with tails
- 6 small neck clams
- 8 mussels, washed and without beard
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup of rice (if it is Spanish, better)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 100 grams of green beans, trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 5 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups seafood broth
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon saffron (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet or paella pan. Add the chicken and sauté until cooked through. Then add the garlic and paprika and cook for a minute and a half.
- Add the tomato sauce, broccoli and beans, then sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until green but still crisp.
- Add the chicken broth and raise the heat to medium-high, bring to a boil, stir in the rice and clams and cook for 10 minutes, adjusting the heat slightly if the rice mixture is about to boil.
- Lower the heat to medium-low, add the saffron, mussels and shrimp and cook for another 6-8 minutes until the mussels open, the shrimp are pink and opaque, and the rice has absorbed most of the liquid.
- Remove from the heat and cover with clean, dry paper towels for 10 minutes, this will crisp the rice on the bottom of the pan.
We hope you liked this recipe to prepare rice with shrimp and clams combined with chicken and tender beans, enjoy it with family and friends.
- Chop the beans and chicken into 1-inch pieces, this will ensure that they cook and incorporate more easily into the dish.
- You can use white wine along with the chicken broth to give an extra flavor to the preparation. We have tried this combination and it is simply spectacular.