Today we will cook this rice recipe with shrimp and vegetables in which we use jasmine brown rice to accompany the shrimp obtaining a dish with a soft and fluffy texture to the palate.
It is a dish with an Asian touch, yielding, with a varied mix of flavors and that you can not miss!
- 350 grams of large raw peeled shrimp
- ¾ cup brown jasmine rice
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into small pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into medium pieces
- 1 ½ cups of chopped peas
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- ¾ teaspoon hot chili garlic sauce
- Add the jasmine brown rice and water to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 40 minutes, then remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add the shrimp and cook, stirring until cooked through, about 2 minutes, then set aside on a plate.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil to skillet, ginger, zucchini and peas and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Add the last teaspoon of oil along with the red pepper and garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the shrimp and sauce to the pan and stir to coat, then remove from the heat and serve the stir-fry over the rice.
- To prepare the sauce, whisk together the cornstarch and soy sauce in a medium bowl until cornstarch is incorporated and finally stir in the chili garlic sauce.
- If you can’t find chili garlic sauce, you can substitute it with any hot sauce of your preference, we used this one because we liked to keep the Asian touch of the dish.
- To prepare this rice with shrimp and vegetables recipe you can add chicken, beef, tofu or pork, do not limit yourself when it comes to using your imagination to make your dishes.