Say goodbye to boring meals with this spectacular and simple dried shrimp salad, an ideal dish for lovers of super spicy flavors!
Taste the tender texture of dried shrimp marinated in fresh lime juice and a spicy but delicious dried chili powder with vegetables!
Join us to prepare this recipe in a very quick and easy way!
- ½ kilo of dried shrimp, deveined and headless
- 8 lemons
- 2 tablespoons dried chili powder or chili piquín
- ½ large red onion
- 2 small cucumbers
- 2 large tomatoes
- Cilantro to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Squeeze the juice from the lemons and place in a medium bowl, add the chili powder and mix very well.
- Add the chili powder and lime paste to the shrimp and stir well. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Wash and cut into small squares the tomatoes, red onion and cucumbers, finely chop the cilantro and mix everything with the shrimp.
- Stir well and add pepper to taste! That’s it, you now have a very well seasoned dry shrimp salad.
If you want to know more dishes prepared with this type of shrimp, do not hesitate to see our section of dried shrimp recipes.
- Do not add salt to the salad because the dried shrimp release their characteristic salty juices when marinated.
- Adjust the flavor of your dried shrimp salad by adding more lime juice. If you like it spicy, add more chili powder.
- Keep in mind that when you buy it, the color of the dried shrimp should be clear, defined typical of the species and the habitat or area where it comes from, without black spots, blackening, severe burns produced during the drying process.