Today we will prepare a fresh cucumber shrimp salad, an ideal dish for those who love rich, low calorie and protein meals.
This salad is perfect for those hot days, to share with friends and family at a picnic and very easy to implement in your diet, plus it’s super simple to prepare!
- 500 grams extra large raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 ½ cups chopped cucumber
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped red onions
- 1 cup chopped red chile peppers
- 1 large avocado – peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Heat butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook shrimp over medium-low heat for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- In a large salad bowl, add chopped cucumber, red onions, bell pepper, avocado and shrimp.
- In a glass container, pour freshly squeezed lemon juice, olive oil, salt and black pepper. Whisk together until combined. Taste to check the seasoning and pour over the salad.
- Use a medium sized non-stick frying pan, don’t add too much oil and if the shrimp are very large, fry in batches of 7.
- If you don’t have a lot of time to chop the onions and cucumbers, we recommend using this vegetable slicer, it will save you some headaches!
- You can add a few extra touches of mayonnaise to your cucumber shrimp salad, just 3 tablespoons when serving on the plate and voila!