This shrimp salad with potato and carrot is creamy, incorporates celery, red onion and is dressed with dill mayonnaise is a great filling for sandwiches or lettuce that you can make in just minutes.
This dish is great for cookouts, picnics, family gatherings, weddings, or just to share at home with the whole family… From our family to yours, enjoy!
- 300 grams shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, minced
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 20 green olives, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the potatoes to clean them, boil them in salted water, until a fork inserted goes in easily. When potatoes are done, drain immediately, peel and cool.
- Bring 8 cups of water, salt and lemon to a boil and add the shrimp, cooking for 2-3 minutes before removing and placing in ice water.
- Add the chopped celery, green pepper, carrots and olives, then mix with the chopped potatoes.
- Add shrimp to potato-vegetable mixture. Mix the mayonnaise with the salad and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate your shrimp and potato and carrot salad until ready to eat.
- Do not use pre-cooked shrimp, they will be rubbery and tasteless.
- Don’t forget to add lemon juice when boiling the shrimp, they add a ton of flavor.
- Don’t skip the ice bath or the shrimp will overcook and become rubbery.
- The celery adds a nice crunch, you can substitute in a pinch with bell pepper or even cucumber. However, we prefer to use celery because of the texture and flavor it provides.
- Let the salad sit, preferably for a couple of hours before serving to bring out the flavor of the dressing.
This shrimp salad with potato and carrot is the perfect anytime side dish to serve with macaroni, beans, at a barbecue, crab, fish and other seafood.
Your guests will love them as easy, delicious and fresh side dishes and sandwich fillings.