This delicious Mediterranean shrimp salad with lettuce has just enough ingredients to delight your taste buds!
Succulent shrimp with feta cheese, olives, tomatoes, roasted peppers and cucumbers are all nestled in a large piece of lettuce and drizzled with a lemon vinaigrette dressing.
- 500 grams of shrimp, jumbo, cooked, peeled and deveined.
- ½ head of lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half.
- 1 chopped cucumber
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup Greek olives, pitted and chopped
- ½ cup roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the shrimp and half of the dressing. Refrigerate until ready to serve the salad.
- Cut the lettuce into 4 evenly sized pieces. The pieces can be placed on individual plates or on a large platter.
- Top each lettuce wedge with equal amounts of feta cheese, chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, olives and red peppers. Then top each wedge with the divided shrimp.
- Drizzle the remaining dressing on the salads and garnish with fresh parsley, adjust the flavor with pepper to taste and finally enjoy your shrimp salad with lettuce and olives!
- In addition to the vinaigrette dressing, you can opt for a creamy Italian dressing such as Olive Garden or Catalina dressing, go to town and use whatever you like.
- Serve this salad with pitas or soft breads. Let them soak up whatever dressing you decide to use.
- If you plan to prepare this shrimp salad with lettuce ahead of time, keep it refrigerated and pour the dressing on just before serving.