The exquisite flavor of this mango shrimp salad recipe comes from the combination of jalapeño peppers, sweet chopped mangoes, red onion, ginger and fresh lime juice.
Preparing this dish is the simplest thing to do. All you need to do is follow the steps below and enjoy the process.
- 1 pound (500 grams) peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 large mangos, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup loose mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Add shrimp, soy sauce, cornstarch, cayenne powder and black pepper powder to a bowl. Mix well and coat the shrimp evenly with the spices. Marinate for 10 to 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet, once hot, add shrimp. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are lightly browned. Transfer to a plate immediately.
- Prepare mango salsa by combining mango, jalapeño pepper, mint, scallion, lime juice, ginger and cayenne powder in a bowl. Stir to mix well.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into noodles using a vegetable spiralizer. If you don’t have one, use a julienne peeler or mandolin to cut the sweet potatoes into strips.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and once hot, add the scallion, then stir a few times to release its fragrance. Add the sweet potato and a pinch of salt. Cook and stir until soft. Then serve on a plate
- Add the cooked shrimp and other ingredients, serve with salsa and finally enjoy your mango shrimp salad.
- For this recipe we use medium shrimp. These shrimp are peeled and deveined, fresh and good sized and are packed in individual portions and ready to use.
- If you buy frozen shrimp place them in a large bowl and add cold water. The shrimp will be thawed and ready to cook in 20 minutes.
- Some of the vegetables you can enjoy this mango shrimp salad with are cherry tomatoes, avocado and onion.