Are you a seafood lover and like to prepare dishes in a quick and easy way? Then don’t miss this recipe for shrimp in cream cheese sauce.
The shrimp are cooked to perfection in a sauce made with cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and chopped garlic, don’t miss it!
- 500 grams of medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup of grated Mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 120 grams of cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese optional
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- Using a hand mixer or blender, blend cream cheese, milk, flour and ½ teaspoon salt until smooth, then set aside.
- In a deep skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and add the garlic. Sauté the garlic for one minute, then add the peeled and deveined shrimp.
- Cook the shrimp for 3 to 5 minutes, until pink and just cooked through, then remove the shrimp but leave the garlic and butter in the skillet.
- Add the milk mixture to the same skillet and stir for 4 minutes over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, and continue to stir for about 6 minutes more until it begins to thicken.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the grated cheese and Parmesan, then cover and let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the sauce and let sit for another 5 minutes, serve with noodles of your choice and garnish with parsley.
- These shrimp in cheese sauce are enough to serve with 500 grams of your choice of noodles.
- Use a thick-bottomed pot to reduce the chance of the milk burning.