Shrimp in chipotle sauce are part of the delicious dishes of Mexican cuisine, we love them, they are easy to prepare and we want to share with you this special recipe.
Come and join us to prepare this dish which is easy to make and ideal to enjoy in your dinners!
- 800 grams extra large shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 4 ripe red tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 4 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce in their own sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 8 6-inch corn or flour tortillas
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Avocado, sour cream and lime wedges for serving
Don’t miss our varied selection of shrimp enchipotado recipes.
You may also be interested in:
- In a blender or food processor, blend the tomatoes, chiles with the sauce they come in and ¾ teaspoon salt until you get a thick sauce.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil until it begins to smoke. Add half the shrimp and cook, stirring until golden brown, about 45 seconds. Transfer to a bowl, repeat process with remaining shrimp, adding to bowl, toss with 2 tablespoons lime juice, then set aside.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat and add remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Add onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and oregano and cook until beginning to brown, 1 minute.
- Stir in wine and juice from shrimp that has accumulated in bowl. Cook until almost evaporated, then add chipotle mixture and simmer, stirring until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat, stir in shrimp, cover and let stand until opaque and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add cilantro and remaining lime juice, taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve with warm tortillas, sour cream, avocado and lime wedges.
- If you wish, you can prepare this delicious dish without adding white wine, but if you prefer you can use Sauvignon Blanc.