Learn how to prepare this easy and simple recipe for shrimp with oyster and garlic sauce by following the steps below.
Let your palate delight with this exquisite combination of shrimp and a rich sauce prepared with soy sauce and garlic.
- 500 grams of medium shrimps, deveined
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of corn starch
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 thumbs chopped ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 dried red chilies (optional)
You may also be interested in:
- Coat the shrimp with cornstarch and set aside in a bowl in the refrigerator.
- Combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, water and sesame oil. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Heat a wok or deep frying pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the shrimp and stir-fry for 1 minute or until lightly pink. Remove and place on a plate.
- Using the same wok, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and then the garlic, dried red chili and ginger. Stir and cook over low heat for 2 minutes or until the mixture is aromatic.
- Pour the oyster sauce and soy sauce mixture into the wok and stir. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Return the fried shrimp to the wok and stir slowly to incorporate for about 2 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through and the sauce thickens.
- Transfer your shrimp in oyster sauce to a plate, garnish with chopped green onions and serve with hot rice.
If you liked this dish you will surely love our selection of shrimp recipes prepared with garlic and chiles
in their different versions.
- To prepare this tasty dish we use medium sized shrimp, they need to be clean and deveined.