Honduran shrimp soup is one of those dishes that you can find in certain municipalities of the northern coast of the country.
It is a delicious preparation and very easy to make if you follow all our instructions to the letter to get the best possible flavor.
- 1 kilogram of shrimp
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup long noodles
- 1 white onion
- 1 ½ liter of water
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup of noodles
- 3 potatoes
- 1 head of garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean, peel and devein the shrimp by making a cut in their backs, reserve only the heads.
- In a medium saucepan, add the water, the shrimp heads, the onion, the green bell pepper, the onion and the garlic previously cut and washed.
- When this broth is ready, sieve it and set it aside, then heat water over medium heat in a pot and add the carrots and potatoes cut into medium dice.
- Once the potatoes are soft, add the milk, the noodles, then the shrimp and let them cook for about 5 minutes, add cilantro, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve your Honduran shrimp soup immediately, preferably very hot to enjoy its exquisite flavor to the fullest.
- Season little by little while the broth cooks, we recommend consuming the shrimp soup the same day since it does not keep long in the refrigerator.
- Clean the shrimp very well, remove the tails and guts and wash them well before and after cleaning. Use medium shrimp in the preparation.
In Honduras there are many types of edible shrimp, but the favorite of the Catrachos is the shrimp or caridea shrimp.
Besides that Honduras is one of the main exporters of jumbo shrimp to the United States.