If you want to make a Mexican shrimp soup that can replace your entire meal, this is the version to choose.
This recipe includes corn and tortillas which will keep you satiated for longer. Just keep in mind that you won’t want to stop eating it!
- 800 grams of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 jalapeño peppers, chopped and seeded
- 5 corn tortillas cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- ½ cup clamato
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a deep skillet over medium heat and sauté the tortilla strips for 5 minutes or until crisp, then drain on a plate.
- In the same skillet or in a medium saucepan, add 1 ½ teaspoon of oil and mix the ground cumin with the chopped red bell pepper, dried oregano, chopped garlic cloves and diced tomatoes.
- Cook for 5 minutes and then add the previously crushed chicken cubes, the clamato and let the soup boil.
- Once the mixture boils, lower the heat and simmer for 5 more minutes. Finally, add the corn and shrimp, jalapeños and cook for 3 minutes or until you are sure the shrimp are cooked. Then remove the mixture from the heat and add cilantro and onion.
- When you serve your Mexican shrimp soup, you can add lime juice and black pepper to taste and spread the tortilla strips over each serving. Enjoy!
- You can add to your shrimp soup other healthy foods such as colorful and nutritious vegetables, carrots, squash and potatoes will go perfect in this soup.
- The shrimp you can use to prepare this delicious Mexican shrimp soup are the large ones, be sure to devein them beforehand.