Shrimp soup with coconut milk is a delicious dish full of a mixture of flavors from the selected vegetables and spices.
Learn how to prepare this delicious coconut milk shrimp soup with us by following these simple steps.
- 1 ½ kilogram of peeled and deveined shrimp
- 5 chopped mushrooms
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 3 chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 finely chopped jalapeño bell pepper
- 1 sprig cilantro, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 ¼ liter of coconut milk
- 3 carrots, chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium heat, fry the scallions and garlic for about 30 to 40 seconds. Add the tomatoes, salt, mushrooms, lime juice and cook for 3 to 5 minutes and set aside.
- Add the carrots to a pot of boiling water and cook for about 10 minutes; drain and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the shrimp and 1 tablespoon oil and sauté for 4 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink.
- Stir in the jalapeño bell pepper, scallions, salt, lime juice and tomato mixture; add the coconut milk and simmer for 6 minutes.
- Add the carrots and shrimp to the soup and stir. Simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Herb combines very well with this preparation because it has a fresh and intense flavor. You can also add more vegetables and seafood to this soup.
- You can incorporate the long pasta of your preference and cook it for 7 minutes, we suggest adding spaghetti to your coconut milk shrimp soup.