Tasty and succulent avocados stuffed with shrimp: this simple recipe for shrimp salad in avocado is a great appetizer that will impress your guests.
Don’t miss this dish that we’ll prepare with some jumbo shrimp. You’ll be asked to make it at every party!
- 500 grams of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1 tablespoon of red chili powder
- 4 firm, ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- Juice of 1 lime
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the shrimp and immediately season with the red chili powder and salt.
- Cook the shrimp over medium-high heat for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Once cooled, dice the shrimp and in a large bowl, mix with the hard boiled egg pieces, sour cream, mayonnaise, chopped cilantro and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut avocados in half and remove pits. Top each avocado half with the shrimp salad.
- Garnish your shrimp-stuffed avocados by adding cilantro and/or scallions, chill in the refrigerator for 5 minutes and then serve.
If you like the filling of these avocados, you may be interested in preparing salads with shrimp, vegetables and greens.
- If you don’t have sour cream you can substitute more mayonnaise or use plain Greek yogurt.
- An optional salad you can prepare for these shrimp-stuffed avocados is radishes, red onion and finely chopped celery stalks.
- Using Hass avocados in the preparation will allow you to incorporate more filling and vary the proportion between shrimp, spices and the vegetables you want.