Today we bring you some crunchy drunken shrimp, an easy dish to prepare and with an exquisite flavor product of shrimp marinated in sangrita and wrapped in bacon and cheese.
These shrimp are covered with a thin layer of a very special sauce in which the spicy flavor stands out and the tequila flavor is accentuated accompanying the palate in each tasting of this dish.
- 1 kilogram of large shrimp
- 250 grams of Chihuahua cheese
- 500 grams of bacon
- 750 milliliters (1 bottle) of Sangrita
- 250 milliliters (1 bottle) of white tequila
- Garlic powder to taste
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Peel and devein the shrimp by making a cut in their backs from top to bottom, remove and discard the black veins and heads. Rinse with plenty of water to remove the remains of the intestines.
- Pour the sangrita into a medium bowl, submerge the shrimp and marinate for 45 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Remove the shrimp from the refrigerator, drain with a strainer and reserve the marinade. Place a strip of cheese inside each shrimp and wrap with a thin strip of bacon.
- In a frying pan with hot oil fry the shrimp until the bacon is sufficiently browned, then reserve the shrimp on a large plate.
- Boil the marinade on your drunken shrimp for 10 minutes, add the tequila and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Dip the shrimp in the tequila sauce and sangrita before serving, add a little garlic powder, salt and pepper and serve with rice.
The shrimp should be cut in the shape of a butterfly, just as we do when preparing stuffed shrimp.
- Accompany this dish with mashed potatoes, rice, beans, avocado and tomato salad with spinach.
- You can also prepare your drunken shrimp by dredging them in finely chopped garlic and 140 grams of sifted wheat flour, ground black pepper, beer and salt to taste.