One of our favorite meals is grilled shrimp, and we like to cook outdoors while sharing with family and friends.
In this dish we marinated some tender shrimp in a combination of an exquisite spicy seasoning, garlic and butter. The shrimp were juicy and the result was spectacular, don’t miss it!
- 500 grams of medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 400 grams of salamanca sausage or the one of your choice
- 450 grams of cambray potatoes
- 3 ears of corn, each cut crosswise in 6 pieces
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a small bowl, mix garlic, butter, thyme, cajun seasoning, stir in shrimp and marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook potatoes until tender and cooked through, about 12 minutes. Stir in the corn before the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Remove vegetables from heat, drain well and thread corn, potatoes, shrimp and sausage onto skewers.
- Cook the skewers on the top grill rack, brushing with the butter mixture occasionally and turning halfway through, until the shrimp are opaque and the corn is tender.
- Remove the shrimp from the grill and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley. Don’t forget to pre-grease and pre-heat the grill to medium heat.
These grilled shrimp are perfect for those summer gatherings, you can also add the vegetables you want and present the dish as you like.
If you liked this dish we invite you to see our recipes for shrimp on skewers.
- If you want to prepare a simpler dish just season your grilled shrimp with butter and garlic. We recommend that you follow the steps in our recipe so you don’t miss out on the rich flavor!
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before threading the shrimp. If you don’t like shrimp on skewers, cook them in a large metal bowl along with the other ingredients.