Grilling quick-cooking foods, like shrimp, is always going to help you get a meal ready in minutes.
That’s why today we’re bringing you grilled shrimp with a deep, sweet and crispy crust from the culinary secret we’re going to teach you today!
- 1 kilogram of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the shrimp, salt, baking soda and sugar in a medium bowl. Toss well to coat and let stand for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, mix paprika, half the garlic and half the olive oil in a small bowl, adding a dash of black pepper to taste.
- Combine the rest of the garlic, olive oil, lemon zest and juice and parsley leaves in a large bowl, then set aside.
- When the prawns are ready to place on the griddle, brush them on both sides with the first garlic and oil mixture.
- Preheat the griddle for 5 minutes over medium-high heat, grease with a little butter and let it melt a little.
- Place the shrimp directly on the griddle and cook, turning occasionally, until cooked through and golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes total.
- Carefully remove the shrimp from the griddle and transfer them to a bowl with the oil, garlic and lemon mixture. Toss lightly to coat, add salt and pepper and serve immediately.
If you liked this grilled shrimp recipe, don’t miss out on some good Mexican shrimp prepared a la zaranda.
- You can pierce the shrimp on a skewer to keep them together, this will help them stay juicier while cooking.
- Adding salt and baking soda to the shrimp helps them stay plump, juicy and brown more efficiently while cooking.
- Tossing your grilled shrimp with a flavorful vinaigrette after cooking will give them more flavor than a marinade.