The guajillo chili shrimp are just another of the spectacular dishes prepared in Mexican cuisine, they are delicious, very easy to make and today we will show you how, don’t miss them!
- 1 kilogram of medium size shrimp
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 4 guajillo chiles
- Chopped parsley or cilantro to taste
- 2 lemons (juice)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Peel the shrimp, remove the shells, the head, the tails and cut them in a butterfly shape, remove the shells and rinse them with plenty of water.
- Peel and cut the garlic into medium slices, set aside in a medium bowl.
- Cut the tail of the guajillo chiles with a knife, remove the seeds and cut them into strips.
- Add butter in a frying pan over low heat, sauté the garlic until it browns but does not blacken to prevent it from bittering the preparation.
- Add the shrimp and chiles to the pan. Stir the mixture from time to time and cook the shrimp until they turn orange and are firm.
- Before removing the shrimp from the heat, squeeze lime juice and season with black pepper and salt to taste. Add finely chopped parsley or cilantro to taste.
If you liked these guajillo chile shrimp, don’t miss our recipes prepared with garlic shrimp.
- We recommend using 5 garlic for each kilogram of medium shrimp, if you prefer a less strong flavor, you should remove the center or core of the garlic.
- Accompany your guajillo shrimp with a good onion, avocado and tomato salad, also incorporate rice to have a more yielding dish.
- Remove the shrimp once they begin to turn orange, to prevent them from acquiring a chewy consistency on the palate.