Today we will prepare kubak rice with prawns, one of the signature dishes of Chinese food. It is a very crunchy puffed rice which we will add some tender prawns, vegetables and soy sauce.
The mixture of these ingredients causes an explosion of flavor on the palate with a rice that maintains its firm texture even when hydrated.
- 250 grams of peeled prawns, deveined and without head
- 400 grams of rice
- 2 white onions
- 2 carrots
- 1 ½ courgettes
- 50 grams of flour
- 4 spoonfuls of soy sauce
- 200 millilitres of vegetable stock
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Cook the rice in a pot with water over medium-high heat for about 20 minutes, once ready, drain and dry it with a piece of kitchen paper.
- Place parchment paper on the baking tray, then add the rice and cook for 30 minutes at 150 degrees Celsius (° C ).
- Meanwhile, finely chop the onion, courgette and carrot. In a frying pan or wok, add a drizzle of oil and sauté the onion. After a couple of minutes, add the carrot and zucchini.
- Cook the vegetables over low heat, after 2 minutes add the prawns and sauté for a couple of minutes more until the prawns are pink.
- Add the flour, stir the shrimp and vegetable mixture a few times, then add the soy sauce and broth.
- Let the sauce thicken and in the meantime, fry the rice in a frying pan over medium heat. Once ready, transfer the rice to a bowl with the shrimp and vegetable mixture.
- You can integrate the rice into the shrimp and vegetable cooking, or you can serve it separately and let each diner mix it on their plate.
- This recipe for kubak with prawns also accepts chicken meat. You’ll need to cook two chicken breasts and shred them. It’s that easy.