Prepare some tasty Prawn Gyozas: amazing Japanese gyoza dumplings stuffed with prawns. These delicacies are juicy, crunchy, very easy to make and you can prepare them at home.
- 400 grams shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 400 grams package of meatball wrappers
- 1 cup chopped cilantro, (leaves and stems)
- 4 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 teaspoons chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup canola oil
You may also be interested in:
- Coarsely chop the cilantro and green onions in a food processor, add the ginger, shrimp, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Process the shrimp until finely chopped, then line a baking sheet with parchment paper, fill a small bowl with water and set aside.
- Place 2 teaspoons of filling in the center of 1 dumpling wrapper, lightly brush the edge with water.
- Fold edge over filling to form a crescent, pressing to seal. If desired, fold edge over, place on prepared sheet; repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Heat 1½ tablespoons canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add ⅓ of the potstickers, bottom side down, and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add ⅔ cup water and raise heat to medium-high.
- Cover and cook until potstickers are cooked through, about 8 min. Uncover and cook, turning pan until water evaporates and bottoms are crisp.
- Transfer the potstickers to a serving plate, wipe out the pan and repeat with the remaining sticks. Enjoy your delicious prawn gyozas!
- Shrimp gyozas always come with a sauce made by whisking together 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons water and ½ teaspoon sesame oil.