The diversity of dishes you can prepare with seafood is incredible, and although there are many different fillings, we chose to make it with shrimp and a mixture of finely chopped vegetables.
This is how we came to prepare these exquisite shrimp rolls, ideal to be served with a good soy sauce.
- 10 medium spring roll wrappers, 21 to 24 cm (7 to 15 inches)
- 350 grams of shrimp
- 60 grams of Chinese rice noodles
- 50 grams of bean sprouts
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 spring onions
- 5 Chinese cabbage leaves
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 slice of fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoon corn starch
- Rice wine
- Lime juice
- Olive oil for frying
You may also be interested in:
- Cook the rice noodles in a pot of water over medium-high heat, following the manufacturer’s instructions until tender.
- Rinse the bean sprouts and drain, then wash the spring onions, Chinese cabbage and finally peel the carrot. Cut the Chinese cabbage, spring onion and carrot into thin strips about 4 cm long.
- Pass the noodles through a colander, rinse with cold water and cut them with kitchen shears into pieces about 5 cm long. Wash the shrimp, dry and cut into pieces, then peel the ginger and garlic and chop everything.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan, add the shrimp and sauté with the garlic and ginger and garlic. Then set the mixture aside.
- Heat the cabbage, carrot and spring onion. Stir in the soy sauce with the rice wine and corn starch, mix the preparation and bring to a boil. Season with lime juice to taste.
- Mix this preparation with the rest of the reserved ingredients. Place the spring roll sheets on a work surface, fill with the mixture and roll up.
- Put plenty of oil in a deep frying pan or wok and fry the shrimp rolls until golden brown. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- Spring roll wrappers are sold frozen in stores specialized in oriental products. There are different sizes, if you can’t find them, you can use brick or filo pastry.
- If you cannot find the dough for spring rolls, you can prepare them with filo or brick pastry.
Chinese cabbage can be replaced by other types of cabbage, such as kale or cabbage and shiitake mushrooms by mushrooms.
- For this dish you can use cellophane noodles, which are very thin soy noodles, or you can also use vermicelli noodles, which are made of rice.
- If you want to keep the shrimp rolls warm before serving, do it in a preheated oven at about 100 ºC.
- We have used very easy to obtain ingredients, but the possibilities are endless, prepare the filling with the vegetables you like the most, if you prefer a more oriental flavor, you can add Chinese onions and more bean sprouts or bamboo shoots.