One of the advantages of shrimp is that you can prepare with them a variety of dishes to serve on any occasion, one of those dishes that we loved when we tasted it is the rock shrimp.
It’s a simple meal, easy to prepare and ideal for seafood lovers, every taste of these breaded shrimp leaves you wanting to eat one more!
- 500 grams of shrimp
- 3 beaten eggs
- 2 cups of vegetable oil
- 1 liter of milk
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha
- 4 tablespoons sweet and sour chili sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Peel and devein the shrimp by making a cut along the length of each of their backs with a knife, remove their intestines and rinse with plenty of water.
- Let the shrimp rest in a colander and after 5 minutes soak them in a bowl with milk for 10 minutes.
- Place the cornstarch, wheat flour and egg in separate bowls. Add a little pepper to taste to the eggs.
- Mix the mayonnaise, Sriracha and chili sauce in a bowl until smooth.
- After 10 minutes, coat each shrimp with the cornstarch, then the egg, then the flour.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan at 170°C and once the oil sizzles, fry the shrimp until they turn golden brown, remove and let them rest on absorbent paper to remove the excess oil.
- Finally, dip your rich and crunchy rock shrimp in the delicious sweet and sour sauce you prepared in step 4.
We hope you liked this recipe, shrimp rock is a classic in the coastal areas of Mexico.
It is an inexpensive appetizer, easy to prepare, that doesn’t require a lot of time and is also very coveted by lovers of breaded seafood.
- You can accompany these delicious breaded shrimp with flour tortillas or rice, the latter usually mixed with tomato, onion, cilantro and pico de gallo sauce.
- Fry the shrimp in batches of 6 in plenty of oil and don’t let them cook for more than 4 minutes.
- Another great combination for this dish is guacamole, it gives it a very fresh touch, not only in taste but also in the presentation of the dish.