Shrimp burritos are perfect for when you want a flavorful appetizer that you can eat whenever you want. They have an irresistible flavor that makes them one of the most outstanding meals among a large number of dishes.
Today we’ll share with you how to prepare these chili cheese shrimp burritos to get you out of those usual meals. Don’t miss them!
- 500 grams of medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 200 grams black beans, cooked
- 200 grams of manchego cheese
- 4 tomatoes (Jitomates)
- 3 tortillas
- 2 chipotle chiles
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ¼ white onion
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Tip: If you want, you can add cooked rice and chopped ripe avocado to make the dish more filling.
You may also be interested in: Shrimp and Cheese Tacos.
- Chop the onion, garlic, onion, chipotle and chop the tomatoes into small cubes. Lightly sand them a little if you prefer to make a creamy paste.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and once the oil sizzles add the shrimp, sauté on both sides for 5 minutes or until the shrimp change color.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add onion mixture, tomato, and garlic to skillet and cook for 3 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After this time, add the cheese, let it melt and once it is well melted, remove the pan from the heat.
- Heat the tortillas and place a layer of beans previously heated in a frying pan on each tortilla. On top of this layer place the shrimp with the sauce.
- Roll up your shrimp burritos, cut diagonally and if you prefer, heat in the pan for a few minutes to brown. Serve immediately hot.
The result of this dish is incredible, the flavor of the shrimp is perfect for the burritos, plus it’s a perfect meal because it’s so simple and quick to prepare.
- We recommend using medium shrimp to prepare this recipe, you can devein them on your own if you wish.
- Accompany your shrimp burritos with your choice of sauces. On occasion we’ve enjoyed them with caesar dressing.