Today we will prepare delicious, spicy and tender shrimp in chili sauce in a few minutes of simmering accompanied by rich spices.
Don’t miss this dish that you can serve with rice, salads and toast. A very tasty and easy dish to make at home!
- 1 kilogram of medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ tablespoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 3 large bay leaves
- Juice of 2 fresh limes
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- ¾ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat 4 tablespoons olive oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add bell pepper and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in garlic, cumin, paprika, red pepper, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt and cook until mixture is fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the wine, tomatoes, capers, bay leaves and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid thickens slightly (about 15-20 minutes).
- Stir in shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until opaque, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove shrimp in chili sauce from heat, add fresh cilantro and lime juice. Then remove bay leaves and serve with white rice.
If you liked these shrimp enchilados we recommend you to see our recipes prepared with shrimp and chipotle hot peppers.
- To spice up these shrimp enchiladas you can use Tabasco sauce, chili powder or your favorite hot sauce.
- Medium shrimp are excellent for this dish, but if you want to use large shrimp, try chopping them up to make the cooking process easier.