Today we will prepare some delicious and spicy shrimp enchilpayados, this Mexican recipe is super spicy and tasty!
Don’t miss how we prepare this delicious dish, a must if you ever visit Veracruz!
- 1 kilogram of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons of chilpaya or green piquín chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 4 peeled garlic cloves
- ½ tablespoon of mustard
- ½ stick of butter
- Juice of 5 oranges
- Juice of 3 lemons
- Worcestershire sauce
- Magui sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
Fact: This recipe serves 4 people.
You may also be interested in: Chipotle Diablo Shrimp.
- In a skillet over medium heat add the butter, let it melt a little and add the shrimp with pepper to taste. Let them cook for 4 minutes.
- In a blender add the orange juice, lime juice, chiles, mustard and blend until you get a homogeneous sauce.
- In a small skillet over medium-low heat, add the finely chopped garlic along with ¼ stick of butter, add pepper to taste and sauté.
- Once you notice that the garlic is lightly browned, add the chili sauce you prepared earlier, 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise, mix well and let the sauce reduce for 3 minutes.
- When the 3 minutes are up, add 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon of maggi sauce and stir the mixture constantly until you get a creamy sauce.
- Heat the shrimp back in the pan over medium heat, add your creamy sauce, let your shrimp enchipayados cook for 3 more minutes!
Another way to prepare these tasty chilpaya shrimp is to make a sauce with ripe red tomatoes and 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise. They are also spectacular!
- We recommend adding fresh chopped scallions to this dish and serve it with rice and a nice tomato and avocado salad.
- Buy large fresh shrimps, if you want to save time, deveined and without shells.
- If you can’t find chilpaya, also called chile amashito, you can prepare the recipe with chiles chiltepines.