Today we will prepare some delicious and tender shrimp in spicy mango sauce. A dish in which the shrimp are marinated in garlic and olive oil and then seasoned in a mild mango sauce with chipotle chili.
Join us to prepare this dish loaded with fresh ingredients and let the flavor take over your palate!
- 1 kilogram of medium shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder or chipotle relish
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 450 grams fresh ripe mango
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Pinch of kosher salt
- In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with the garlic and ½ cup olive oil. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight.
- While the shrimp are marinating, prepare the mango salsa: In a blender, puree the honey, mango, lime juice and salt until smooth. Then set aside in a bowl.
- Remove the shrimp from the refrigerator and discard the garlic. In a separate bowl, mix together the salt, chipotle chili and pepper. Combine the spice mixture with the shrimp and coat well.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil until hot but not smoking.
- Stir in shrimp and cook in a single layer until opaque, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove from heat and transfer to a platter with the mango salsa, garnish with cilantro before serving.
We hope you liked this recipe to prepare these shrimp in mango sauce with a touch of spicy chili, this dish is ideal to enjoy as an appetizer, it is full of flavor and easy to prepare.
Another of our dishes that you will love is breaded shrimp with a delicious mango sauce.
- You can substitute the chili powder for any hot sauce of your choice, another sauce you can incorporate is sriracha.
- Use large shrimp to prepare this dish and if you want to make it more filling, serve it with rice and a nice salad of avocado, tomato and red onions.