Today we will prepare this super crispy and easy to prepare shrimp meatballs recipe with the steps that we will teach you below.
Don’t miss this ideal appetizer to enjoy with the sauces of your choice and share with friends and family.
- 500 grams of cooked shrimp
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Shrimp seasoning
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Wheat flour
- Cooking oil
- In a medium skillet over low heat, mix shrimp with 1 tablespoon butter. Add shrimp seasoning, cook for 3 minutes and add lemon juice.
- Chop green onion and garlic in food processor or chopper.
- Using a strainer, drain all the liquid from the shrimp, then place them in the food processor with the chopped vegetables.
- Chop the shrimp into small pieces but be careful that the mixture is not too soft, it should only be in chunks. Press the button on your blender intermittently to chop only.
- Pour the shrimp mixture into a large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Note: chop the parsley with a knife.
- Form medium balls with the shrimp mixture and place them on a platter. There should be 12 to 14 balls.
- Add 1 tablespoon of garlic powder to the flour and coat the shrimp balls with it. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry 4 balls at a time until golden brown.
- Once the shrimp balls are golden brown, remove from the pan, serve hot and enjoy.
- If using raw shrimp, cook over low heat for 3 minutes on each side or until the shrimp turn orange and are firm.
- If you prefer, you can add green chile to the mixture with which you will form the balls of your shrimp meatballs. (SEE STEP 2 OF THE RECIPE)
- Be careful when cooking the shrimp meatballs in hot oil, use a long spatula to avoid burning your hands with the sizzling oil.
- To prepare this dish more economically you can use pacotilla shrimp.