Today we’ll prepare a potent, hearty and delicious shrimp discada with octopus and vegetables. A tasty and spicy dish and ideal for seafood lovers.
Don’t miss out on how to prepare some good shrimps al disco, follow our steps and enjoy the experience!
- 3 ½ kilograms of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 octopus of 1 ½ kilo
- 2 red peppers
- 4 green peppers
- 4 white onions
- 90 grams of mushrooms
- 1 large head of garlic
- 2 sticks of butter
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 3 tablespoons dried chile de arbol
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Dressing to accompany
To cook the octopus
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ¼ of white onion
- 2 medium garlic
You may also be interested in:
- Shrimp and octopus in butter.
- Grilled shrimp with butter and garlic.
- Clean the octopus well with a knife removing first the eyes and then the tusk, rinse with plenty of water.
- Heat 3 liters of water over medium-high heat. Once the water boils, reduce the heat to medium, add the seasonings and vegetables and cook the octopus for 45 to 5 minutes. Remove and let stand in a colander.
- Cut the peppers lengthwise, remove the seeds. Then chop the onions and garlic into small pieces. Finally, cut the mushrooms into 4 slices.
- Add 1 stick of butter and ½ cup of vegetable oil to the plow disk or paella pan over medium heat.
- Add half of the chopped peppers and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. After this time, add half of the chopped onion and half of the garlic and stir.
- When the garlic is fragrant, 2 minutes, it is time to add the shrimp, the octopus previously chopped into medium cubes, half of the mushrooms, 1 tablespoon of chicken bouillon and 1 tablespoon of saonador.
- Stir constantly the preparation and when a minute and a half has passed, add 3 tablespoons of chile quebrado or chile seco de árbol and 3 tablespoons of paprika. Stir very well so that the ingredients are incorporated.
- Once 1 minute has passed, it’s time to serve your shrimp and octopus and mushroom discada. Repeat these steps to cook the shrimp and the remaining preparation.
We hope you liked this recipe to prepare this hearty seafood discada, share this dish with family and friends and enjoy its flavor!
- Before cooking the octopus, soak it in boiling water for 1 second and then remove it, repeat this procedure 3 times. This will break the fibers of the meat and cook it better.
- The shrimp to be used to prepare this recipe can be medium to large in size. They should be peeled, deveined and shelled.
- This shrimp discada is excellent served with eggs and is ideal if you want a really hearty dinner dish.
- If you don’t want to use dried chile de árbol you can use jalapeños, they will flavor the shrimp very well. Use as much as you like.