This shrimp pate recipe has the purpose of delighting your palate, it is a simple but effective dip and its flavor is really easy to appreciate.
We will prepare a sauce with shrimp, chili and cream cheese, very easy to make and you can spread it on almost all your toasts, vegetables and breads.
- 400 grams of shrimp
- 220 grams of cream cheese
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- 5 tablespoons ketchup or tomato sauce
- 2 lemons (juice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean the shrimp very well, removing their shells and opening their backs with a knife to clean them very well and then rinse them with water. If the shrimp have heads, remove them.
- Cook the shrimp in a pot with 2 liters of boiling water until they take an orange color, if you bought dried shrimp do not add salt to the water.
- Remove the shrimp from the boiling water and process in a food processor until the shrimp are reduced to a very fine texture but not too compact, to prevent them from becoming too soft.
- Finely chop the jalapeño, you can leave the seeds in or remove them if you don’t want it to be too spicy.
- Add the cheese, mustard, chopped jalapeño peppers, ketchup, lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Process the shrimp again in your blender until all the ingredients are incorporated and you have a thick, creamy paste.
- Adjust the taste of your shrimp pate, if you think you are missing any ingredient, add a little more and mix very well.
Remember that you can give your personal touch to this recipe, and if you love spicy shrimp you can see our Diablo Shrimp Recipes.
Serve your shrimp pate with crackers, add celery, use different types of ingredients such as spices, other types of meat such as crab, in short, you can let your culinary imagination run wild.
- If you don’t like the spicy flavor you can eliminate the chili from the recipe; don’t worry, the shrimp pate will still be very tasty and special.
- If you want to change the spicy flavour for another type of flavour, you can use spices such as onion, garlic powder, onion powder, lemon zest or chillies such as serrano and chipotle.
We hope you enjoyed this recipe and don’t forget to share it with family and friends!