Preparing a good shrimp pizza that is crispy but still juicy is a matter of patience and practice but with spectacular results.
Today we’ll show you how to prepare this tasty pizza loaded with shrimp, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses wich you can share with family and friends. Don’t miss this recipe!
- 500 grams of medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and cleaned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ cup chili sauce
- 1 serving of basic Italian pizza dough*
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup shredded moarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
Basic Italian pizza dough
- 3 ¼ cups wheat flour with gluten
- 2 ½ teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups warm water – lukewarm
- Olive oil or canola oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). In a large skillet, melt olive oil and butter over medium-low heat. Add garlic, wine and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the sweet chili sauce, lime juice and simmer for 2 minutes. Add shrimp and cook until pink. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Roll out the pizza dough to 3cm. and place on a baking sheet dusted with a small amount of flour. Generously spread the dough with the chili garlic sauce mixture.
- Top with shrimp and remaining sauce, Parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Bake for 8 to 1 minute until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Garnish with chopped cilantro and oregano.
- For the ITALIAN PIZZA BASIC DOUGH: Mix the flour, yeast and salt in a food processor fitted with a dough blade or in a stand mixer with a dough hook.
- While the mixer is running, gradually add the water and beat until the dough forms a ball. If the dough is sticky, add more flour, a tablespoon at a time. If the dough is too dry, add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Once ready, transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball.
- Grease a large bowl with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and add the dough ball. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in a warm place to double in size, about 1 hour.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 2 equal pieces. Cover each with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let them rest for 1 minute before forming the pizzas crusts.
As you could see, the process to prepare our shrimp pizza is simple if you follow our steps.
You can prepare the shrimp mix 2 minutes before the pizza dough has finished resting.
- You can prepare the dough for your pizza about 24 hours before cooking and keep it refrigerated.
- Save the second ball of dough for later by freezing it. Place the dough in a 15×2 centimeter plastic bag sprayed with cooking spray and put it in the freezer.
- Use the dough for your shrimp pizza within 2 to 3 months. When ready to use, let the dough rest at room temperature for 3 minutes.
- You can substitute tomato sauce for the chili sauce or simply combine the two. Taste and let your imagination run wild.