Shrimp risotto is one of those dishes that you can prepare at home in a very simple way, it is one of the Italian culinary specialties, it has an exquisite flavor which gives the combination of butter, rice and tender shrimp. Come and let ‘s prepare this delicious dish that you won’t be able to stop eating once you try it!
Here are the ingredients used to prepare this exquisite shrimp risotto, they are all very well known and easy to find.
For the Risotto:
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 2 finely chopped shallots
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup of rice (185 grams)
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
For the shrimp:
- 450 grams of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 ½ cups of white wine
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Heat olive oil over high heat in a large skillet. Season shrimp with salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to low, add shrimp to skillet, cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to skillet, then add minced garlic. Sauté until garlic gives off its aroma, about 1 minute.
- Add the white wine, lemon juice and allow the mixture to reduce by one-third. This will take about 5 minutes. Then add the remaining butter and parsley and stir for 1 second. Remove and reserve this sauce in a small saucepan.
- To prepare the risotto, clean the pan in which you cooked the shrimp. Heat the chicken broth in another small saucepan. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter. Once the butter has melted, add the shallots and garlic. Sauté over medium-low heat until the shallots are translucent, about 2 minutes. Then add the rice and sauté until lightly browned.
- Add a ladleful of the hot chicken broth and stir until absorbed. Repeat, adding a ladleful or two of broth at a time, until the rice is al dente and you have used most (or all) of the broth. This will take about 2 minutes.
- Lower the heat to low and add another ladle of chicken stock, the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and the parmesan cheese. Stir to mix well and cover with a lid, cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the shrimp.
- Spoon the shrimp risotto into hot bowls and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add more Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
- Risotto is not a difficult dish to make, it requires some patience and practice. Add the broth a little at a time and keep stirring. You will be rewarded with a delicious, creamy and excellent dish.
- Cooking the shrimp is quick and easy and can be done a few hours in advance. Just be sure to make the risotto just before you are ready to eat and serve immediately.