Today we will teach you how to prepare shrimp sango, a typical recipe of Ecuadorian cuisine, really delicious and that combines green plantains with peppers which give a very rich flavor to the shrimp. Join us and let’s prepare this delicious dish in an easy way!
- 80 grams of fresh shrimp
- 2 green plantains
- 1 tomato
- 5 grams of peanut paste
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- Olive oil
- Cilantro to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Important fact: 1 cup of shrimp sango after cooking has 166 calories.
You may also be interested in our shrimp soups recipes.
- Wash well and chop the tomato, onion, green and red peppers and green plantains.
- Grate half of the green plantain and set aside. Blend the remaining half with ¼ cup of water, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large saucepan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-low heat pour the shrimp previously washed and deveined, add salt and pepper to taste and cook for 3 minutes or until you notice that the shrimp are golden brown.
- In the same pan in which you cooked the shrimp, add the tomato, peppers and onion, sauté all the vegetables.
- Add ¼ cup of water to the sofrito and the blended plantain. Cook for 3 minutes and add the grated plantain, mix well until all the ingredients are integrated. Then add the peanut paste and cook for 3 minutes over medium low heat. This will give the peanuts a dense texture and a very peculiar flavor to the shrimp.
- Finally, add parsley and let it rest for a few minutes while in another pan you cut the remaining plantain and fry it with a little olive oil.
Shrimp sango is a very easy and quick recipe to prepare, besides that you can serve it with rice, fried or baked plantains, as we did in this recipe, avocado, salads and whatever you like.
- To make the Ecuadorian shrimp sango even tastier, we recommend cooking the shrimp and vegetables in a clay pot, dissolving the peanut paste in water and then adding it to the mixture.
- Another thing you must take into account is not to use bananas in the preparation, they must be green bananas.
We hope you liked this shrimp sango recipe, ideal to enjoy on cool days or to recover energy.