Today we bring you some delicious, spicy, filling and powerful shrimp stuffed chiles, with different melted cheeses inside.
A dish thought for those who love really exquisite and easy to make food. Don’t miss this recipe and join us to prepare it!
- 350 grams of peeled and deveined shrimps
- 2 large peppers or poblano peppers
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup of chopped white onion
- 1 chopped jalapeño bell pepper
- 1 serrano chile, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 120 grams of goat cheese
- 120 grams of grated Manchego cheese
- Dried basil to taste
- Hot sauce to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro to taste
You may also be interested in: Shrimp with Melted Cheese.
- Roast the poblano chiles in the oven on both sides over medium heat for 15 minutes, or until the skin is puffy and charred. (Place the chiles on a sheet pan on the top rack of the oven.)
- Remove the peppers from the oven, let them cool for about 1 minute. Then cut them in half lengthwise, remove the veins and seeds.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Cook the serrano peppers, jalapeños and onion for 5 minutes to soften.
- In the same skillet, add the garlic and cook for another minute. Remove from the pan and reserve the onion, garlic and chile mixture in a medium bowl.
- Cook the shrimp in the same skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Remove from skillet and set aside in a bowl.
- Mix the cheeses with the shrimp and the chili and onion mixture. Add basil, pepper to taste and stir well.
- Put the mixture in the peppers and bake for 2 to 3 minutes at 19Celsius (375 degrees F). Once ready, remove your chiles rellenos de camarones, let cool and serve.
- If you liked this recipe of chiles stuffed with shrimp and cheese, prepare it, enjoy it and share it!
- If you wish, you can marinate the shrimp for 1 hour in a shrimp shaker adding salt, oil and black pepper to taste.
- If you like spicy foods you can easily incorporate hot peppers and spicier sauces such as Tabasco for seasoning.
- To prepare these chiles rellenos with shrimp you can substitute the manchego cheese for Camembert or Gouda cheese.
- Some people prefer to prepare this dish with only one type of chile, if that is your case, try using 2 serrano chiles.