Looking for a hearty and delicious dinner? Then check out this recipe for shrimp in white wine with scallops!
A hearty dish with a mix of flavors that will delight your palate and will only be ready in 30 minutes. Join us to prepare it now!
- 500 grams (1 pound) medium shrimp, uncooked
- 500 grams of scallops (1 pound) (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper or chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 medium green onions, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon (juice)
You may also be interested in: Pil Pil Shrimps.
- Wash and devein the prawns by making a cut along the back from the top to the bottom, remove heads and tails. Rinse with water and set aside in a bowl.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large nonstick skillet, add carrots and sauté to cook evenly.
- After 3 minutes, add onions, garlic, parsley and cook for 3 more minutes, stirring occasionally, until carrots are crisp.
- Stir in seafood, wine, chili powder, parsley and cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until shrimp are pink and firm and scallops are white.
- Once the seafood is done, remove your white wine shrimp and scallops. Add salt and pepper to taste, serve with rice and salad. Enjoy!
We hope you enjoyed this flavorful dish! Add our recipes for shrimp prepared with garlic and spices to your kitchen to spice up your life!
- For this recipe, use the largest sea scallops measuring up to 2 inches, cut them in half. These sea scallops will have a more tender texture for this dish.
- In case you don’t like scallops you can use more medium shrimp. For this shrimp in wine recipe, 1 more pound will be enough.