Today we present a very practical recipe for you to prepare delicious, crunchy but tender shrimp stuffed with Philadelphia cheese at home.
- 1 kilogram of cleaned jumbo shrimp
- 200 grams of Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of chopped green onion
- Slices of bacon
- Salt and pepper to taste
You may also be interested in preparing breaded stuffed shrimp.
- Preheat the oven to 220 Celsius, meanwhile; cut the shrimp into butterfly shapes and set aside in a bowl.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until it curls and reddens. Place the bacon on a paper towel while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Mix the cream cheese and green onion in a small bowl, add salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Spoon a portion of the cream cheese mixture and spread it in the center of each shrimp.
- Wrap the shrimp with several layers of bacon, leaving the bacon folds facing down. If necessary, use toothpicks to help hold the shrimp in the wrapper.
- Place the shrimp in a baking dish and bake over low heat for 5 minutes until the bacon is crispy.
- If desired, sprinkle your Philadelphia cheese stuffed shrimp with more freshly chopped green onion on top and pepper.
- Pay attention when cooking the bacon in the pan, we are looking for it to be partially cooked but still flimsy enough to wrap around the shrimp.
- Another variation of this recipe is to bathe the wrapped shrimp with hot sauce or a homemade dressing prepared with the sauces of your preference.
- Another way you can prepare these shrimp stuffed with Philadelphia cheese is to dip them in bread crumbs and egg once they are wrapped and then fry them.