A good shrimp accompanied by the ingredients we’ll show you below are the perfect complement to prepare delicious, spicy and soft-textured shrimp tacos with cheese and avocado. We chose the best ingredients to prepare this recipe that will delight your palate!
- 500 grams or 1 pound of peeled and deveined shrimp without tails
- 2 cups of shredded green cabbage
- 8 flour or corn tortillas
- 2 avocados mashed
- 250 grams Cotija cheese, grated
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- juice of 3 lemons
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- Pepper to taste
You may also be interested in: Sinaloense Shrimp Tostadas.
- In a blender or food processor, add the oil, water, scallion, cilantro, garlic, sour cream, salt and lime juice. Blend until smooth.
- In a bowl mix ½ cup of the sauce with the cabbage and cilantro, add pepper to taste and set aside in the refrigerator, save the rest of the sauce for the shrimp.
- Place the shrimp in a large bowl with the chili and cumin powder, pepper and salt to taste, mix a little to cover the shrimp and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp to the hot pan and sauté for 8 minutes, turning occasionally, until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Assemble your shrimp and cheese tacos by adding mashed avocado, salad and shrimp to tortillas. Finally add Cotija cheese and that delicious sauce you prepared.
- You can substitute the sour cream for traditional Greek yogurt, which keeps its fat, is very healthy and nutritious.
- We recommend that you choose fresh shrimp if possible, peel and devein them on your own. Don’t worry, it’s easier than you think.