Today we’ll be preparing this chipotle shrimp tostada recipe loaded with Mexican beans, corn, cherry tomatoes and smashed avocado! A dish designed to delight your palate with an incredible mix of flavors and textures!
- 8 8-inch corn flour tortillas
- 1 can of 400 grams of Mexican refried beans
- 4 cups finely chopped romaine or iceberg lettuce
- 500 grams small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 400-gram can drained yellow corn, drained
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 4-ounce can chopped jalapeño peppers
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- 1 avocado, mashed
- Smoked chipotle sauce to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper, toss shrimp with oil, then sprinkle seasoning mixture over shrimp and toss until well coated.
- Sauté shrimp in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until opaque and cooked through.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat and warm tortillas, then remove from heat, assemble tostadas with tortillas on bottom and spread refried beans over tortilla.
- Top with shredded lettuce, shrimp, corn, jalapeno peppers, tomatoes, cilantro, mashed avocado and finally drizzle with taco sauce just before serving.
- Enjoy your chipotle shrimp tostadas as soon as they are ready, serve with a cold beer.
- You can add the grated cheese of your choice to these tostadas, our favorite is cotija cheese although we have also used cream cheese, adding a mix of crunchy and creamy textures to our chipotle shrimp tostadas.