Today we bring you this recipe to prepare some crunchy and tasty shrimp tostadas with aguachile, a very practical and delicious meal with an explosive mix of flavors and textures from incorporating jalapeño and guajillo peppers to the preparation!
- 500 grams of medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1 guajillo chile, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 1 ½ cups fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 dozen small (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups corn oil
- Fresh cream cheese to taste
- Sour cream to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
You may also be interested in:
- Marinate shrimp by placing in a bowl and covering with 1 cup fresh lime juice and sea salt. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until shrimp are light orange in color.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade and discard it, then place the shrimp in a clean bowl and add ½ cup fresh lime juice, the extra virgin olive oil, red onion, cucumber, cilantro, mint, chiles, salt and pepper. Mix well and season to taste.
- Prepare tostadas by pouring oil into a medium skillet over medium heat, then place each tortilla in the oil and cook for 1 minute or until golden brown and crisp. Remove from the pan and place on a paper towel.
- To assemble your shrimp aguachile tostadas, spread each tostada with sour cream, place a spoonful of shrimp aguachile on top, add chopped avocado, top with queso fresco and serve immediately.
- Serve these spectacular shrimp aguachile tostadas with whatever you like, some times we have served them with beans and added extra Worcestershire sauce to vary the flavor.
- Always marinate your shrimp in a glass or plastic container, metal can react with the marinade and alter the flavor of the shrimp.
- Don’t forget to marinate the shrimp in the refrigerator, always discard the marinade and use fresh shrimp.