Ceviche is the perfect dish for summer days! You can have it as an appetizer or as a main meal, whatever you want!
We always enjoy tasting seafood with appetizing side dishes, which led us to prepare this recipe for shrimp ceviche tostadas.
This dish has a unique flavor and a super crunchy texture, and we were so excited to prepare it that we want to share it with you.
- 1 kilogram of peeled and deveined shrimp
- 3 jalapeño peppers, finely chopped
- 3 purple onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 ripe red tomatoes
- 10 limes
- 2 limes
- 12 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, diced
- Hot sauce to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place lime juice, olive oil and cilantro in a medium bowl, preferably a glass bowl, whisk well until blended, stir in 2 chopped jalapeños and set aside in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the marinade and stir well to combine, then let the shrimp marinate until firm and opaque, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the tomatoes, cilantro and remaining jalapeño pepper in a large glass bowl.
- When the shrimp are done, use a strainer to transfer them to the tomato mixture, leaving the fresh jalapeños and marinade in the bowl, then mix well.
- Heat enough oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook each tortilla until crisp.
- Divide the ceviche among the tostadas and top each with chopped avocado, sprinkle with cilantro and serve immediately with a squeeze of lime juice and hot sauce.
We hope you liked this way of preparing these shrimp ceviche tostadas, they are easy to make, plus it is a super light and refreshing dish.
- The ceviche should be well chilled, so be sure to refrigerate the dish ahead of time and place it in a larger bowl filled with ice when you’re ready to assemble and serve the tostadas.
- If you want to add more flavor to these Mexican ceviche tostadas, you can add white fish fillet and cream cheese.
- The ideal beverages to accompany these delicious shrimp ceviche tostadas are white wine or cold beers.
- If you want more heat and flavor, remove the fresh jalapeños from the marinade, chop them coarsely and add them to the ceviche.