These delicious shrimp tostadas with crab are ideal to enjoy at a party, barbecue or any gathering.
It is a dish that will save you time and with which you can also eat healthy, it is low in carbohydrates, delicious, easily adaptable to an appetizer or even as a complete meal.
- 500 grams of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 200 grams of crab
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- ½ cup corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped avocado
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Juice of 2 limes
- 10 corn tortillas
- 2 Serrano chiles, chopped, optional.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 ½ liters of water in a pot over medium heat, once the water is boiling, pour the shrimp and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp, drain with the help of a strainer and then put them in another pot with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Add ½ teaspoon of salt and the juice of 1 lemon, then reserve the shrimp in the refrigerator.
- Add the cucumber, shallot, tomato, avocado and corn kernels to a large bowl and reserve in the refrigerator.
- Chop the crab into medium-sized cubes, drain the shrimp with the help of a strainer and finally mix with the vegetables. Optionally, add chopped serrano chiles.
- Toast the tortillas and set aside on a plate, let them cool a little and then assemble the shrimp and crab tostadas 1 by 1, adding the desired amount of filling with a spoon. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In case you have not bought deveined and peeled shrimp, you can boil them and do it later. Always remember to stop the cooking as explained in step 2 of the recipe.
- If you wish, you can use crab meat as it is a very good option for its sweet and delicious flavor.