Today we bring you this recipe for shrimp tostadas with mango, an exquisite dish, with crispy tortillas and tender shrimp cooked just right.
The shrimp are served open on rich corn tortillas, accompanied by a tasty and colorful mango sauce and spices.
- 1 kilo of fresh shrimp, deveined and shelled.
- 1 finely chopped serrano chile
- 3 tablespoons red bell pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 cup mango, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small head of finely chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons barbecue spices
- tostada shells (desired amount)
- 3 tablespoons shredded cotija cheese
- BBQ sauce to taste
- Salt, to taste
- In a bowl, combine mango, serrano chile, red pepper, basil, olive oil and lime juice. Set this sauce aside.
- Place the shrimp on a cutting board and line up the backs with the bellies. Thread a skewer through the center, threading 8 to 10 shrimp on each skewer. Season with BBQ sauce and drizzle with melted butter.
- Prepare the grill with hot coals and grill the shrimp skewers over the coals until cooked through, then drizzle them again with melted butter.
- Prepare your mango shrimp tostadas by spooning the salsa into the tostada shells and topping with the grilled shrimp. Finally add cotija cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
- If you prefer, you can sauté the shrimp in a skillet with butter instead of grilling them, do it however you feel more comfortable.
- The shrimp used in this recipe are medium shrimp, we recommend that they be as large as possible due to the way they are prepared in this recipe.
- Other options to garnish your shrimp tostadas with mango, is to add avocados, tomatoes and another type of cheese such as cream cheese.