Taste this excellent combination of fresh seafood accompanied by a rich spicy sauce with this dish that we bring you today.
We’ll prepare crispy and appetizing shrimp and octopus tostadas with ripe avocado, red onion and a spicy sauce of your choice!
- 350 grams of small octopus, cooked
- 350 grams of small shrimp, peeled and cooked
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 4 limes (juice)
- Hot sauce
- 6 tostada shells
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a bowl, add the avocado pulp along with the lime juice and mash well to a puree.
- Heat 2.5 liters of water in a pot over medium-high heat. Once the water boils, add the octopus and cook over low heat for about an hour.
- Once the octopus is cooked, remove it from the hot water and immerse it in cold water to stop cooking, then cut it into small cubes.
- Cook the shrimp in simmering water for about 3 minutes or until pink, then remove from the pot and plunge into ice cold water for 1 minute, then remove.
- To assemble the tostadas, spread each with the mashed avocado and top evenly with the shrimp, octopus and thinly sliced red onion.
- Season your shrimp and octopus tostadas with salt, pepper and finally give it that special touch with the hot sauce of your choice.
We hope you liked this recipe for shrimp and octopus tostadas, a combination that you can enjoy whenever you want and that is also very easy to prepare!
- The quality of the octopus and shrimp is fundamental, it is essential that you look for a reliable fishmonger or seafood restaurant and make sure that the seafood is fresh.
- If you have enough time you can buy flour or corn tortillas and fry them in a pan until they are crispy. This is a very traditional way and is sure to add a special touch to your tostadas.